Does the rubber floor go over the wood floor?
- No, the rubber floor takes place of the wood floor. The wood boards will need to be taken up and replaced with our rubber boards.
Do the boards have to run a certain way?
- The boards can run length or width of the trailer. The bracing needs to be perpendicular to the board.
What do I use to cut the boards?
- Use a carbide tip ripping blade and spray your blade with WD40.
How far do my centers have to be on the trailer?
- Centers need to be 12″ or less for livestock or small equipment trailers. If your trailer is hauling over 40,000 pounds, then the centers need to be 9″ or less.
What do I use to fasten down the boards?
- We recommend a .25″ x 2.25″ self tapping screw.
Where do I need to fasten down the boards?
- Each board need to be fasten down at each end and every other cross member.
Should the boards have space at the end?
- We recommend a .25″ gap at each end of each board to allow for thermal expansion.
Can there be a gap between the boards?
- There is no need for a gap but you can gap for drainage. The gap can be up to 1″ but we recommend a .25″ gap.
For more installation questions, contact us at 580-252-2922 or go to our installation guidelines page here.